You understand that exercise and physical activity including the use of equipment is potentially hazardous. You understand that participating in physical activity may result in injury and possibly even death and that you choose voluntarily to take part in these activities. This includes the use of any resistance, or cardio equipment, swimming pool, sauna, steam room and spas, and you are fully aware of the risks involved.
You understand that Vibes Gym maintain the highest possible standards of health and safety and before you enter the gym you will be asked to complete an online health declaration form to establish your current state of health before starting exercise. You understand that, depending on the answers you provide to the questions on the health declaration, you may need to seek medical advice before beginning any form of exercise and will not be granted access to Vibes Gym until a medical certificate is obtained. In addition to gym access being denied, if a medical certificate is required, you understand that my membership status will be temporary inactive and you will not be able to use the online members area.
You will assume responsibility for any minors under the age of 18 who accompany you whilst visiting Vibes Gym. You are responsible for advising Vibes Gym if your medical circumstances change during your membership term. Some Vibes Gyms have tanning and sunbed facilities included as part of the membership package. You understand that you have read and accept the following terms and conditions relating to tanning and sunbed use at Vibes Gym. Before using the tanning equipment, you agree that you have read and understand your skin type and agree to comply with Vibes Gym’s recommendations outlined below:
Skin Type 1
People with very fair/sensitive skin and often with red/strawberry blond hair and freckles, pale blue, pale grey or pale green eyes. People who hardly or never tan. Recommendations: You should not tan on a sunbed or outdoors.
Skin Type 2
People with fairish skin who usually burn and sometimes tan. Tend to have light hair, blue or brown eyes. Recommendations: The EU scientific committee on Customer Products states that people with skin types 1 and 2 should NOT proceed with UV tanning.
Skin Type 3
People with brownish white skins who tan fairly easily, they should respect the fact that they can still burn, especially without a base tan. Recommendations: Although you tan easily you should respect the fact that you still burn.
Skin Type 4
People with dark skin who tan easily and hardly ever burn, but even so need to be careful that they don’t go through prolonged over-exposure.
Recommendations: You tan easily but should never have more than the full recommended session time.
There are skin types 5 & 6, 5 being naturally brown skin and 6 being brown/black skin. Generally, customers wishing to use sunbeds will fall into skin types 3 and 4.
Tanning should be undertaken with caution. To ensure you tan effectively and responsibly please read the following information before using the sunbed:
- If you have sensitive skin or no existing tan your first few sessions must be limited to 3 minutes, until your base tan has built up.
- All tans must be built up gradually.
- Prior to tanning, you must remove all cosmetics, perfumes, deodorants, jewellery & contact lenses.
- Never use the tanning equipment without eye protection. This is available from leisure reception.
- If any signs of redness remain from a previous tanning session, you must wait until this clears before your next session.
- You must not attempt to adjust/tamper with any of the equipment.
- You must NOT use the sunbed if you:
- Are under 18 years of age.
- Have particularly sensitive skin.
- Suffer ill-effects from allergies, cold-sores, epilepsy, dizziness or fainting, a heart condition, headaches or migraine, high blood pressure, hypertension, prickly heat or skin ulcers.
- Are diabetic, hypersensitive to light, pregnant, taking any form of drug (prescribed or otherwise), using any ointment/lotion, antibiotic or tranquilliser or under medical supervision.
- Have had hair bleaching, electrolysis or hot waxing in the past 24 hours.
If any of the above applies to you, please consult your doctor before using the sunbed.
You declare that you have read and understood the advisory guidelines, and government recommendations not to exceed 20 tanning sessions per year and no more than one session per 24-hour period.
You declare to the best of your knowledge that the information you have provided is correct. You are over 18 years of age, are not affected by any of the above and know of no reason why you should not undertake a tanning session.
5.1.4 IMPORTANT COVID-19 HEALTH DECLARATION
Before entering Vibes Gym I can confirm that:
- I do not have any COVID-19 symptoms
- I have not received a positive test in the last seven days
- I am not waiting on a Coronavirus test result
- No member of my household has COVID-19 symptoms or is waiting on a test result
- To the best of my knowledge I have not been in close contact with anyone who is exhibiting Coronavirus symptoms or has tested positive.
- I also agree to maintain social distancing and to keep myself, fellow members and Vibes Gym staff safe by adhering to the safety advice and guidance given.
I understand that on each subsequent visit to Vibes Gym I am also making the above Health Declaration.
This agreement will become binding upon both parties once you have signed or e-signed any membership agreement.